Immediate Job Opening
Santa Rosa Children’s Choral Academy
The Santa Rosa Children’s Choral Academy is a non-profit organization based in Santa Rosa, CA. It was founded in 1984 to provide the children in our community with an opportunity to study and perform choral music.
Position: Chorus Manager
The SRCCA is currently looking for a Chorus Manager (Administrative Assistant) to work with the Artistic Director and the Board of Directors in the general management of the concert season (August-June).
Schedule: Part-time, hourly position; 12-20 hours/week
Mandatory attendance is required at rehearsals on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 3:30-5:45pm. Attendance at concerts and other events, along with some weekend and evening attendance is required. Other office hours are flexible.
The Chorus Manager is accountable for implementing the policies and vision set by the Board of Directors. As the public face of the organization, the Chorus Manager is responsible for presenting positive images to young musicians, parents, donors and members of the community regarding programs and the organization’s role in music education. The Chorus Manager ensures that the scheduling and production of the Chorus’ concerts, rehearsals, tours and special events run smoothly, effectively, and in a financially responsible manner. The Chorus Manager reports to Artistic Director Carol Menke.
The Manager should have experience in nonprofit management or organization in a related field and possess strong organizational, budgeting and time management skills; integrity, confidentiality, the ability to multi-task, manage details and prioritize effectively; plus, excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills. You must be a team player with the ability to interact effectively with diverse constituencies. Preferably, the manager will have knowledge and/or an appreciation of music.
Work for the general growth and well being of the chorus, including:
- Assist the Artistic Director in carrying out the needs of the Chorus
- Attendance during rehearsals and performances for management support and security
- Schedule auditions; prepare materials for registration and assist in audition management
- Arrange tour, performance, and event logistics as required including travel & parking arrangements, transport and advertising, etc.
- Co-ordinate concerts, meetings and all gatherings
- Handle registration for membership, camp and activities
- Recruit, manage, delegate and supervise volunteers; schedule volunteers to work concerts and events
- Develop relationships with parents for Academy support and program information
- Oversee the duplication of handouts to parents i.e.: approval forms, fund raising forms, etc.
- Supervise uniform handouts and returns; assist as needed with new uniforms; manage clothing stock (Sweatshirts and T-shirts)
- Manage & purchase office supplies; maintain, stock and update marketing materials, i.e. brochures, handbooks, posters etc.
- Prepare correspondence, announcements, requests for information, etc. independently and/or upon the request of the Board of Directors or the Artistic Director
- Assist development of newsletter content, production and distribution
- Maintain multiple mailing list databases for email and direct mail
- Oversee website updates (with Artistic Director)
- Pursue and develop ways to increase the visibility of and publicity for SRCCA
- Field Chorus, Academy & Scholarship inquiries
- Inform the Board of Directors of all pertinent information
Commensurate with experience
Resume and information requests should be sent to Carol Menke. Email